1. Find Youtube’s ‘Getting Started’ link on the home page and create an account – filling in all your information. The most important part of this page is your user-name. It should be easy to remember as well as relate to your business. Your username is the first thing potential customers get in contact with which is why it is so important
2. Next you need to customise your Youtube profile. Provide information on your business what you aim to achieve or upload onto your channel as well as up-to-date and easy to remember contact details.
3. Customise you page and profile. The more unique and eye-catching your Youtube page the more memorable and distinguished it will be. Youtube allows you to tailor your page’s ‘skin’. Remember, however that all the graphics and designs should reflect your marketing and brand vision. Visitors to your page need to immediately be struck by an aesthetic that communicates your business’s goal effectively. This will also help them to remember your brand as well as encourage them to return to your Youtube channel.
4. Up next you need to start getting active. This could mean that you get to upload your business’s videos whether they are marketing related or just news and updates on products. There are a few key things to remember when uploading your videos. First off the title needs to be short, informative and easy to understand. The same goes for your brief video description. This brings you to tagging your videos with keywords and phrases that are relevant to its content and are most likely to receive traffic. Remember that your keywords and video description should mirror ech-other.
5. Another way to stay active whether or not you have videos to share is to explore Youtube and comment or favourite videos that are related to your market or industry. Other users will see your contributions, your username and may become interested in you and your channel.
6. Now it’s time to get traffic on your Youtube channel. This can be done in a variety of ways like linking through other social media platforms such as blogging. The efficacy of your video marketing depends on people actually being able to find it and view it. Thus promoting your channel is key. You can also subscribe to other channels that are related to your market and industry to grow interest in your page. Commenting on relevant videos and favouriting other such content is also very important.
7. Next come on of the most important things in ensuring a successful channel – upkeep. By maintaining a steady stream of updates and activity on your account you ensure that you keep your viewers and client-base. Slacking in this area and having long periods of inactivity is really detrimental in trying to use Youtube as a business or video marketing tool. Part of the maintenance involved in your channel includes reading and moderating comments that visitors leave on videos or other content. This helps reduce spam which enhances the experience of those visiting your channel.